Friday, October 07, 2005

Can you handle the unbridled cuteness?

Last week a former staffer brought over four flying squirrels she had rehabilitated. Life in the office has not been the same since. Normally, we don't even name our animals because they're wild animals not pets, and we refrain from baby-talking to any of them (that's not to say we don't talk to them. Every time I walk by our aviary, I acknowledge the birds, as in "Hello, black vulture. How's it going?" I like to keep it casual). The flying squirrels, though, have brought out an ugly side of me that I didn't even know I had, a side that causes me to turn my "l"s to "r"s (it's, Herrow, instead of Hello) and that causes my voice to reach octaves that can only be heard by, well, flying squirrels. It's not pretty.

Costa Rica update: I may be going in February. There's still time to hop on board and join us!

Laptop update: CompUSA has now had my laptop for over 3 weeks (hence my infrequent posting) and they have no idea when it's coming back. I am uber pissed. I really resent making payments on a computer I don't even have.

Wisdom tooth update: I've got nerve damage. Hooray! I can't feel half of my bottom lip, part of my chin and half of my front teeth. At least I have an excuse to be a sloppy eater -- I can't feel food hanging off my lip. I'm a joy at restaurants.

Update update: I don't have time right now to publish a more thoughtful post, so I apologize for these inane "updates." Manana I'll post something ... else. (<--you like how I threw in some Espanol there? I'm practicing. Will someone tell me how I can get tildes to appear on blogger?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home