Saturday, February 11, 2006

What would Robert Plant do?

I had the TV on while I was in the shower and since I had just been vacuuming, it was louder than usual. Whilst shaving my legs, I heard the Led Zeppelin song "Kashmir" coming from the television. I figured the song was playing for some lame commercial -- what 70s rock group's music hasn't been used for a commercial in recent years?

The song was still on when I got out of the shower and walked into the living room (towel on, shades drawn for once). Imagine my astonishment when I saw that the song wasn't being used to promote some gas-guzzling SUV or investment company, but rather it was the soundtrack for an Olympic pairs figure skating performance. Led Zeppelin and figure skating...I never thought I'd see the day. Perhaps if Michelle Kwan stays in the competition she'll skate to some Deep Purple or, even better, Ted Nugent. That would rock, man.

In other news, much has been going on with me. Good stuff, bad stuff, bizarre stuff. If you didn't catch on after the subtle reference to my awesomeness, I did, indeed, get the job in Montana. My 11.5-hour interview went very well -- so well that they offered me the job as they dropped me off at my hotel that night. I didn't accept immediately -- naturally, I wanted to be all coy and what-not. But, of course, I did eventually accept...despite it snowing while I was there. My last day here is some time at the end of March and I start in Missoula April 10. That gives me plenty of time to complete the awesome 50-hour drive from here to there. Watch out -- the BPW U.S. Tour is probably coming to a city near you.

To summarize the rest:

1. It's like I'm already gone at work. I am not being told anything and people are having what should be closed-door conversations about me with their doors open. Whatever. They are not my problem any more. And they are probably reading this, so...SHUT YOUR FREAKING OFFICE DOOR.

2. My "Was it a date or not?" date has taken an interesting turn. I started hanging out with the Dog-Sitting Bartender/Ringed One/Bald Bartender again before I left. Innocent stuff -- dinner, movies, conversation. Then a few nights ago after dinner, while we were watching Shaun of the Dead (have you seen it? Go rent it now), he started playing with my feet, and, well, from now onward he will be known as TS for Toe Sucker (funny thing, his actual initials are CB; I would have used those but didn't want JB getting any funny ideas). At any rate, we've discovered some very intriguing common ground, involving dockline and blindfolds. And, yes, any more details beyond that does go far past "Too Much Information," so I will spare you.

3. I'm going to Costa Rica in 8 days! Holy crap! I'm making reservations at one hotel simply because they had directions for people in space ships ("ARRIVALS BY INTERPLANETARY TRANSPORT: Beam your astral navigator to Alajuela, (about 25 KM from San Jose, close to the International Airport) - set your GPS to N10' 01.837' W084' 13.589' - you can land your ship near the old Avocado tree, just south of the star fruit tree."). Humor goes a long way for me.

'Ite. I've got to get all purtied up for TS. Be sure to watch the Olympics. I want to get a "Hot Olympic Studs of Curling" calendar.

3 Comments:

Blogger bayou_boy504 said...

Congrats on the new job! I look forward to the cross country story.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

So happy you got the job kid. Now...have you got the clothes to keep you warm?

Yeah...how's the sleep thing going? Much better, I hope. You need to get that sorted out before the marathon drive to the west.

A new job, a move AND a vacation! Have fun!

5:47 PM  
Blogger TinyElvis said...

Being a foot expert, I recommend that you post a picture of the toes so we can judge their suck-worthiness. ;-)

No, I'm not a freak. MissJackie can vouch for me. :-)

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home