Sunday, May 07, 2006

Oh, to be homeless



Foxy scans Missoula, looks for "For Rent" signs."


Okay, so I'm not really homeless per se. I currently have a roof over my head, but it's not my roof -- this is an important distinction. I'm house-sitting right now, and while I have a decent set-up and I'm not paying rent, I really, really want to get my own place. That way I can let my BPWness flow all over the place. I mean, I've already gotten BPW all over the house I'm in now, despite my greatest efforts to contain my essence. I've got laundry on the kitchen table, shoes all over the house, and socks in every room -- I'm acting like the house is mine, but since I know it's not, I just feel like a sloppy houseguest. I'm Kato Kaelin.

I just started looking for a place this week. I found something on my first day that I am afraid may make it difficult to look at anything else. Everyone, I would like you to meet someone:



Everyone, meet The Cutest House Ever. Cutest House Ever, this is everyone.

I haven't been in Cutest House Ever, yet (I call it "Che" for short). It's in my price range, though, and in an ideal part of town, and it allows dogs. I'm afraid, though, that my last apartment is going to give me a bad reference (because they are jerks. I paid rent on time every month, was quiet, and left my apartment in good shape. Yet, I had the gall to complain about having a two-foot-by-two-foot hole in my bathroom ceiling for four months, not having A/C in Florida in the summer, having everything on my porch painted when they painted my building on the wrong day, and having dead bugs all over my apartment when I moved in, among other things. Add America's First Properties to the list of things that can kiss my ass). Gee, I can't wait to rent again.

As always, I'm worried about money, too. The sucky thing about "Che" is that utilities aren't included, and I don't really think not using the heat is an option for me. I would have to get a much bigger dog before I did that.

So, I'm considering -- considering -- getting a roommate. Ugh. I haven't lived with anyone since early 2001, when I had four roommates and I swear to God we were just a hot tub and camera crew away from being the freaking Real World: Missoula. I don't know if I can do that again. But I would save so much money! I could rent a room in house around here for $220! That's criminally cheap. But is it worth losing my personal space and privacy until I get some money saved?

Before I call anyone advertising for roommates, I'm going to wait and see if the "Che" people call me back. I would just like to get inside that house and, hopefully, find a two-foot-by-two-foot hole in the ceiling and dead bugs all over the floor. Anything to make me not love it more than I already do.

4 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

Love the action photo of Foxy - a nice helper to have.

sometimes you gotta' do what you gotta' do...

good luck!

JMB

1:53 PM  
Blogger BPDubs said...

In today's classifieds:

"Great house to share with 3 UM male track athletes..."

Hmmm, now that sounds kind of fun...

6:48 PM  
Blogger bayou_boy504 said...

Please to meet you cutest house ever.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Askani said...

Che is truely adorable. Your proposed rent is criminally cheap and if 220 is all that you're missing I have confidence that you'll find that each month. If you were closer to 500 a month short then, yes, you would have to find that roommate. What a bummer. I'm actually surprised you found an apt that paid for utilities. Pretty much everything out here requires you to pay for everything, including water and trash. Damn capitalists - where'd the commies go? Anyhoo, happy house hunting! :-)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home