[big heavy sigh]
Blargh. This one is going to be a quickie. I haven't been feeling very Malachitey this week.
I was half-heartedly writing a post -- I've been pretty half-hearted about most things since returning from Montana. Foxy was sitting behind me looking pretty forlorn, so I turned around to assure her that she is my number one poocharoo. While my back was turned, Hefner knocked over my beer and started to lap it up. I have a dog who needs Xanax and a rabbit who likes the sauce.
I abandoned my post because I just couldn't bring myself to do it, which is weird because I'm always in the mood to throw some crap on up here. I've just been really down this week. Returning from vacation blows, man.
Anyway, I wanted to put something up today -- even its me rambling on and on (not drunken rambling, mind you, since the rabbit drank my beer) -- because I don't think I've gone this long without posting. I end this one with the few things I know to be true:
1. Too Much Information, Vol. III is on its way. It's not as invasive as the last two, but it still gets to the slimy, waxy, fertile essence that is BPW.
2. I'm feeling...adrift? Out of place? Something. I'm not feeling right. I don't know where I'm supposed to be and I'm not handling it well. I'm semi-seriously looking at MFA programs for creative nonfiction, but I don't know if that would be a good place for me given my previous experiences with poetry/fiction folks (my impression=humorless, pretentious twits). I either love my job or I hate my job, I don't know; trying to figure out on which side of this fine line I stand is giving me a major headache behind my right eye.
3. I will never again trust gas station coffee that proclaims to be decaf because I'm sure someone fucked up and switched the canisters. That, or the gas station ran out of decaf and thought no one would notice if they put the high octane stuff in the unleaded coffee canister. To someone who hasn't had caffeine in almost a year, there is a noticable difference. I noticed this difference while I sat at my desk, clutched my chest, panted, and shook my leg uncontrollably for four hours. I also had time to think about as I tossed and turned in my bed until dawn. Never again, 7-11, never again.
4. I can predict the weather with my left elbow.
5. JB, you are way too cool. Your comment on the last post made me cry. Sure, I cried as I drove through Idaho listening to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey last Saturday, but that doesn't mean I give out my tears for free. The scenic beauty of Idaho, Steve Perry's powerful vocals on that inspirational tune, and your words are all equally moving.
I was half-heartedly writing a post -- I've been pretty half-hearted about most things since returning from Montana. Foxy was sitting behind me looking pretty forlorn, so I turned around to assure her that she is my number one poocharoo. While my back was turned, Hefner knocked over my beer and started to lap it up. I have a dog who needs Xanax and a rabbit who likes the sauce.
I abandoned my post because I just couldn't bring myself to do it, which is weird because I'm always in the mood to throw some crap on up here. I've just been really down this week. Returning from vacation blows, man.
Anyway, I wanted to put something up today -- even its me rambling on and on (not drunken rambling, mind you, since the rabbit drank my beer) -- because I don't think I've gone this long without posting. I end this one with the few things I know to be true:
1. Too Much Information, Vol. III is on its way. It's not as invasive as the last two, but it still gets to the slimy, waxy, fertile essence that is BPW.
2. I'm feeling...adrift? Out of place? Something. I'm not feeling right. I don't know where I'm supposed to be and I'm not handling it well. I'm semi-seriously looking at MFA programs for creative nonfiction, but I don't know if that would be a good place for me given my previous experiences with poetry/fiction folks (my impression=humorless, pretentious twits). I either love my job or I hate my job, I don't know; trying to figure out on which side of this fine line I stand is giving me a major headache behind my right eye.
3. I will never again trust gas station coffee that proclaims to be decaf because I'm sure someone fucked up and switched the canisters. That, or the gas station ran out of decaf and thought no one would notice if they put the high octane stuff in the unleaded coffee canister. To someone who hasn't had caffeine in almost a year, there is a noticable difference. I noticed this difference while I sat at my desk, clutched my chest, panted, and shook my leg uncontrollably for four hours. I also had time to think about as I tossed and turned in my bed until dawn. Never again, 7-11, never again.
4. I can predict the weather with my left elbow.
5. JB, you are way too cool. Your comment on the last post made me cry. Sure, I cried as I drove through Idaho listening to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey last Saturday, but that doesn't mean I give out my tears for free. The scenic beauty of Idaho, Steve Perry's powerful vocals on that inspirational tune, and your words are all equally moving.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home