39 minutes 24 seconds
So sad, so sad. I just created my profile, flipped through some other profiles that had common links with mine (another 24-year-old Labyrinth-watching, Assasination Vacation-reading Sagittarius? By golly, it is a small world after all.), and tried to read some of these folks recent entries. But no one has posted recently! Or they started their blog several months ago and just let it hang! Is it because no one commented on their post? Did they not feel loved? Or did they get too busy and make some friends outside? I don't know.
This isn't my first foray into this land. I had an online journal a few years ago, but had to abandon it when it came time for finals. Ah, college. Good times. Anyway, I'm done with that school business (NOT, mind you, business school, a completely different and unholy thing), so I have no excuse for not keeping the good ol' Malachite updated. Except for the whole not having a functioning computer thing. And being so busy at work that I sometimes cry and have panic attacks in my car. Yes, except for those things I should be able to keep this updated.
And, unlike some other bloggers, I can handle rejection if no one comments. I mean, comments are nice and all, but sometimes...they're not so nice. Still, I suppose it would be comforting to know if you were being read, acceptance and all that.
So, anyway, here I am, Saturday afternoon. When I'm not at work, I don't know what to do with myself. I usually go to the beach, but after last weeks marathon 8-hours of sun, I don't think my epidermis can handle it all again so soon. My buddy (or best good friend, if we want to be Gump-ian about it) works on Saturdays, so we can't hang out until later. I'm her boss; you'd think I'd do something about those Saturdays. Any way, she's fasting this weekend, so she won't be much fun out drinking.
Ooh, I just talked on my cell phone in a library. I am a horrible, horrible person. But I have plans for tonight, so all my library sins are absolved! One of the interns wants to go out drinking. Am I not the coolest boss? I think all of us at the Nature Center would go insane if we couldn't separate work from...not work.
Okay, I'm going to peruse other blogs now. Someone has to be writing today.
This isn't my first foray into this land. I had an online journal a few years ago, but had to abandon it when it came time for finals. Ah, college. Good times. Anyway, I'm done with that school business (NOT, mind you, business school, a completely different and unholy thing), so I have no excuse for not keeping the good ol' Malachite updated. Except for the whole not having a functioning computer thing. And being so busy at work that I sometimes cry and have panic attacks in my car. Yes, except for those things I should be able to keep this updated.
And, unlike some other bloggers, I can handle rejection if no one comments. I mean, comments are nice and all, but sometimes...they're not so nice. Still, I suppose it would be comforting to know if you were being read, acceptance and all that.
So, anyway, here I am, Saturday afternoon. When I'm not at work, I don't know what to do with myself. I usually go to the beach, but after last weeks marathon 8-hours of sun, I don't think my epidermis can handle it all again so soon. My buddy (or best good friend, if we want to be Gump-ian about it) works on Saturdays, so we can't hang out until later. I'm her boss; you'd think I'd do something about those Saturdays. Any way, she's fasting this weekend, so she won't be much fun out drinking.
Ooh, I just talked on my cell phone in a library. I am a horrible, horrible person. But I have plans for tonight, so all my library sins are absolved! One of the interns wants to go out drinking. Am I not the coolest boss? I think all of us at the Nature Center would go insane if we couldn't separate work from...not work.
Okay, I'm going to peruse other blogs now. Someone has to be writing today.

1 Comments:
Hello!
Just was looking at blogs through my profile as well. I'm afraid I'm not a 24 year old labyrinth watching sagittarius; however, I did read Assasination Vacation. Have fun in your blogging!
(Didn't want you to feel rejected an not get a comment.)
:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home